As you watch this video on Fake News, answer the questions on your blog.
- What dominated the 2016 election?
2. What is the huge business in Velice, Macedonia?
3. What is the Fake News next target?
4. Describe the city. Does it look rich or “paved in gold?”
5. What does the mayor say is a way to make some quick money?
6. What is “click bait”? What does it mean to click and then share?
7. When the reporter talks to a fake news creator, where does he say he gets his news?
8. What do you think when he says, “I paraphrase”?
9. How do website owners get money? What happens when someone opens their “stories”?
10. How are google and facebook responding to the fake news problem?
11. How do they get around the facebook blocks? How do they get facebook accounts?
12. Miguel is a “pioneer of fake news” his words. What is his primary goal right now? What is he getting ready for?
13. In one day, how much does he make?
14. What does he think makes a story clickable?
15. Why does he not care if it is true?
16. Is he proud of his job?
17. How is it a huge business? How are lots of people involved even Americans?
18. In the bar scene, it shows a digital gold rush. How can you tell money is being made.
19. What does the mayor say about the morality of fake news?
20. Why would the CNN reporter ask if someone is influencing the fake news reporters to affect the 2020 election?
21. How are Americans to blame for this? What keeps these fake news sites in business?
22. What do you think it means to think before you click and definitely think before you share!
Really??? Oh no!